Forms & Applications

Permit Applications

Please Note: all permits EXCEPT ROOFING, electrical, plumbing, or mechanical require at least 3 – 5 BUSINESS days for plan review and processing. 

  • New Construction Permit - (Use this application if you are doing a commercial interior finish/remodel or new building from the ground up, residential or commercial) application for commercial or new residential.
  • General Permits  - Use this application if you are applying for a permit involving a stand alone permit for HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Irrigation or the construction of a new Swimming Pool.  
  • Accessory Building Permits - Use this application form if you are applying to construct a shed, greenhouse, pergola, carport, patio cover, etc.
  • Fence Permit - Application to construct or repair a fence or retaining wall.  A fence waiver is also required.
  • Demolition Permit - Application to demolish a building or portion of a structure.
  • Sign Permit Application (Please see Sign Regulations)
  • Temporary Sign Permit Application  (Please see Temporary Sign Regulations)
  • Sign Permit Application Form Based Code Districts (Please see Sign Regulations for Form Based Code Districts  If the sign will be located in one of our Form Based Code (FBC) Zoning Districts, all applications will be reviewed in accordance with the FBC Sign Regulations.
  • Subcontractor Validation Form - Required for a subcontractor to add his license to an existing permit.  No work can be done in that trade until the subcontractor has submitted this form.  This validates that work onto the permit.
  • Take-Area Permit Application - This permit is required for any work that is done within a Take-Area adjacent to Lake Ray Hubbard.  A valid lease must be active with the City of Rowlett in order for a Take-Area permit to be issued.

Contractor Registration Forms

Homeowner Affidavit

  • State law requires any work involving electrical, plumbing, mechanical or irrigation work to be done by a licensed contractor.  A homeowner who lives at the property is exempted from these licensing requirements. Plumbing work must be done by a homeowner who also homesteads the property.  Homeowners wishing to do their own work must fill out a Homeowner Affidavit stating that they will perform the work themselves and have the form notarized.

Miscellaneous Forms

  • Backflow Prevention Assembly Test Report is a record of information on a backflow assembly connected to the public water supply.     NOTE: Please upload reports to your MyGov permit online and submit reports to the Public Works department at 4310 Industrial, Rowlett, TX., 75088.

Energy Forms

Termite Compliance Form

Medical Gas Policy and Forms