Do you love dogs, cats and other animals? We would love for you to volunteer and help us take care of them! Volunteers are a vital resource utilized in a number of ways. Volunteers help with the everyday cleaning and maintenance of the shelter, as well as socializing, training and grooming our shelter guests. The shelter hosts several events throughout the year at which volunteers are needed, such as Pet Adopt-a-thons and Low Cost Vaccination and Microchip Clinics. Opportunities are available for those who can only spare a few hours a week right on up to full time.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Complete our Volunteer Enrollment Form. Any additional paperwork will be filled out during the orientation process at Animal Services.
- Attend a volunteer orientation (held every Friday at 3:00pm).
- Provide a copy of picture ID.
- Dress appropriately (no shorts/sandals).
If you are interested in volunteering in a different department with the City of Rowlett, visit our Volunteer Program for more opportunities.