About the Academy
The Rowlett City Academy is a multi-week course offered once a year. Rowlett residents learn how their Elected Officials interact with City staff and how the nine major departments work together to deliver City services on time, on budget, and with an eye on the future. Participants gain a deeper understanding of how local government works from the people who directly serve the citizens of Rowlett.
Benefits of Attending
- Opportunity to offer input about City services
- Participate in discussions with City staff about successes and challenges
- Gain the knowledge needed to become a member of a City advisory board or Commission
- Build friendships across a diverse group of participants
- Serve as a role model for other community members
Registration and Class Information
The application period for 2023 is now open. If interested APPLY HERE. The course starts June 1st and ends August 24th. Applications will be accepted until May 25th.
City Academy classes are offered on Thursdays from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm over a period of 10-13 weeks.