The City of Rowlett provides weekly trash and recycling collection service to residential customers and customized collection services for business customers.
Beginning March 30, 2020, all items in the garbage poly carts must be in closed bags or FCC will not service the cart (please do not bag items in the recycling poly cart). This keeps item from escaping the carts and helps FCC staff (and the neighborhood!) practice safe COVID-19 hygiene protocols. If your items regularly do not all fit in one cart, please request a second cart by calling FCC at 469-802-0017. FCC COVID-19 Contingency Plan
In addition, weekly brush and bulky item collection is available with no call-in required to our residential customers and will be picked up the same day as your trash. Place the items in the curb area between the street and sidewalk in the front of your home.
REMINDER - All trash bags, including yard waste, are to be placed where your carts are serviced and must weigh no more than 40 LBS. Please do not place them at the curb for bulk pickup.
For more information on any of these services, or if your trash/recycling/brush was not collected, contact the friendly staff at Rowlett’s solid waste contractor, FCC:
- Email notification is preferred Rowlett@fccenvironmental.com or call Melissa at (469) 802-0017 (please provide 24 hours to respond). Please include your contact information.
- If you are not contacted within 24 hours after contacting FCC, please call Pat Atkins at the City of Rowlett at (972) 412-6107.
- If your issue is not resolved after contacting Pat Atkins, please contact Theresa Hejny in Public Works at (972) 412-6168.
- View collection schedule (PDF)
Rowlett residents are also allowed to dispose of debris at no charge at the CM Hinton Landfill twice per calendar year. Residents must first obtain a Landfill Pass (PDF) from the City of Rowlett.
Holiday Schedule - Services will be delayed one day.
- Monday, January 16, 2023 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Monday, May 29, 2023 - Memorial Day
- Tuesday, July 4, 2023 – Independence Day
- Monday, September 4, 2023 – Labor Day
- Thursday, November 23, 2023 – Thanksgiving Day
- Monday, December 25, 2023 - Christmas Day
- Monday, January 1, 2024 - New Year's Day
Permitted Temporary Waste Haulers:
FCC has exclusive rights.