Permits and Licenses


MYGOV Permit System

We have implemented a new online permitting system.  All permit applications should be submitted via this system.  

Online Portal Opens in new window
To access the new system, please visit:  Please select the "Collaborator" button and log in to the system.  You will be able to:  apply for permits, view permit status, pay permit fees, and view inspection reports via this system.

If you need an inspection or require clarification regarding how to proceed, please call 

972-412-6125 between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.


Food Service Inspections and Permits

Persons owning, maintaining, conducting, operating or engaging in a food service business in the City of Rowlett must obtain an annual Food Permit by submitting a Retail Food Establishment Application.  A Certified Food Manager is required to be on site at all times of operation. 

Permit fees are based upon the type of service establishment:

  • Permanent food establishments with dine-in (tables for patrons) = $350
  • Permanent food establishments carry out = $300
  • Food establishments for Day care and Schools = $200
  • Grocery/Department stores (Wal-Mart, Target, Tom Thumb) = $450
  • Mobile food vendors = $300

Health Permit Application

Construction and Equipment Standards (PDF)

Texas Food Establishment Rules 2015

State Guidance Documents

Temporary Food Permits

Persons selling or publicly distributing food products for fundraisers, weekend events or evening events up to a maximum of three consecutive days must obtain a temporary food permit by submitting a Temporary Food Permit Application. Before completing a Temporary Event Application with this department, please visit the Special Events Website and apply for a Special Events Permit. 

Temporary Event Application.pdf

Helpful Links:

Temporary and Special Event Food Safety Guidelines

Commissary Agreement Form (required for all mobile food vendors, temporary, special events).

For additional information please contact Community Development at 972-412-6125.

Public and Semi-Public Pools

The goal of the City of Rowlett public swimming pool inspection program is to ensure that all public and semi-public swimming pools maintain sanitary chemical balance and adhere to the Texas Pool Rules to minimize the likelihood of waterborne disease outbreaks and submersion injuries.

Each public and semi-public swimming pool and spa must obtain a valid permit to operate. The permit fee for each swimming pool, spa, or body of water  is $250. Each pool much have a completed Pool Permit Application and associated fee submitted.

No swimming pool or spa can open until a complete inspection has been conducted, the pool or spa is 100% in compliance, and the Pool Permit has been issued by Health Services.

Please visit the Commercial Swimming Pools and Spas page for full details on how to obtain a valid annual permit.

Please contact Community Development at 972-412-6125 for questions regarding the application process.

Massage Establishments

Each massage establishment must obtain a valid permit to operate in the City of Rowlett.  The annual permit fee for each establishment is $50.  Each massage establishment must have a completed Massage Establishment Permit Application and associated fee submitted.