New Residential-Master Plan

New Residential - Master Plan

Submittal Requirements

Online Portal Opens in new window  
All Master Plan submittals and applications may be submitted via our online permitting system.  To access the system, click the red button above -- or go to:  Please select the "Collaborator" button and log in to the system.  Be sure to select the New Residential Master Plan Template .   

  • Concrete
  • Fence
  • Residential Patio Cover
    • Provides information regarding construction and what paperwork is needed for submittal.
  • Residential Accessory Structure
    • This includes storage buildings, detached garages, carports, gazebos, or any other structure that is not attached to the house. See RDC Section 77-303.  All accessory buildings require a permit.
  • Roofing Permits
    • Whenever a roof is replaced, a permit is required.  Use this application form to apply for a permit to re-roof a structure.  After the roof is complete, a city building inspector will inspect the attic area of the structure to verify that all gas vents are still properly connected (to prevent carbon monoxide issues) and that the vents meet the minimum clearance from wood (to prevent a fire hazard).  Someone over the age of 21 must be at the home when the inspection is made. Inspectors can give a two hour window if you call at 8:00 am the morning of the inspection.  You can also choose to inspect the attic area yourself and waive the inspection required by the City of Rowlett by filling out this form.  If your house is all electric and has no gas appliances, you can also waive inspection by filling out this waiver form.
  • Irrigation System
    • The City of Rowlett does permit homeowners to install irrigation systems on their own property, however the plans must be signed and sealed by a licensed irrigator, landscape architect or engineer, and submitted via our online permitting system.  For more information on lawn irrigation systems, please see our Lawn Irrigation Requirements handout.
  • Swimming Pool (PDF)
  • Water Heater (PDF)
    • All water heater installations and water heater change outs require a permit and city inspections. Installation Requirements and Guidance are provided through the link.

Obtaining Residential Construction Permits and Applications

To submit for a permit or a contractor registration, check out our Forms & Applications page.

Residential Building Codes

View the City of Rowlett Adopted Codes for codes related to residential construction.