Class lasts 8 days, Monday - Thursday. The maximum number of participants per class is 8. Cost is $75 per person. You may register online or by calling 972-412-6170. Registration begins April 1.
- Jump from side in a compact or stride position
- Swim underwater, 3 body lengths
- Perform a feet-first surface dive and submerge completely
- Back float, 1 minute, in deep water
- Open turn on front and push off in streamlined position
- Open turn on back and push off in streamlined position
- Tread water using modified scissors, breaststroke or rotary kick and sculling arm motions, 1 minute
- Back crawl, 25 yards
- Elementary backstroke, 15 yards
- Swim on side with scissors kick, 15 yards
- Additional rules for safe diving
- Care for conscious choking victim
Exit Skills Assessment
- Perform a feet-first entry into chest-deep water, swim front crawl for 25 yards, maintain position on back for 1 minute in deep water (float or sculling) and swim elementary backstroke for 15 yards.
- Swim breaststroke for 15 yards, tread water for 1minute and swim back crawl for 25 yards.