Please select this link for a complete listing of Community Centre policies (PDF).
Community Centre Code of Conduct
- All patrons using the facility must present a valid membership card, or pay a daily drop-in fee.
- Children ages 7 years and younger must be accompanied by a person over the age of 16 years while in the facility.
- The fitness room is available only to members and guests 16 years and older. Youth ages 12 – 15 must be accompanied by parent/guardian. Participants must remain within an arms reach of parent the entire time. Disinfectant is provided.
- Workout towels must be carried and used while in the fitness room. Users must wipe off equipment after each use. Paper towels and disinfectant are provided.
- Food and drinks are permitted in designated areas and in the banquet rooms. No food or drink are allowed in the gymnasiums.
- Limit time on cardiovascular and high demand equipment to 30 minutes, when other participants are waiting. Sign up sheets are provided.
- All personal belongings should be secured in lockers and not left unattended. The Community Centre is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Locks can be borrowed, at no charge, at the front desk.
- Dunking/Hanging on the rims and/or nets in the gymnasium is not permitted.
- Racquetball courts may be reserved for one hour intervals, up to 3 days in advance, by paying a $5/court reservation fee. Wallyball reservations require a minimum of two hours. Non-reserved court time will be made available on a first come, first served basis.
- Members and/or patrons are not permitted to instruct, teach, train, or practice activities in a group or individual setting, unless they are a contract instructor with the City of Rowlett.
- Patrons are expected to show respect for property, other patrons, and staff members.
- Parent / Guardians are responsible for ensuring proper behavior of child /children at all times.
- Solicitations of any kind are prohibited inside the building or outside the premises.
- Profanity, littering, and gambling is prohibited on the premises.
- Alcohol and drugs are prohibited on the premises, including the parking lot unless prior approval and permitting has been granted. An Alcohol Permit is required for reservation events.
- Fighting or conduct which constitutes a breach of peace will not be allowed and will result in immediate removal from the facility and/or suspension from the facility.
- Proper attire should be worn while on the premises at all times.
- Child’s Play: Parents must remain in the Community Centre while their child is participating in the Child’s Play program.
Customer Care and Program Refunds
- The Rowlett Recreation Division has a “satisfaction guaranteed” policy for programs and services. If a patron or guest is unhappy, we will do our best to resolve the situation to the customer’s satisfaction by providing a credit or issuing a refund.
- RCC management reserves the right to review all requests for refunds. RCC staff and management will work to ensure your satisfaction in our programs and events. RCC staff are empowered to make the necessary decisions to address customer care needs.