Voting is your expression, it is your voice, it is your constitutional right. You, as a Rowlett citizen, have an opportunity to express your voice through your vote! If you would like additional information about voting in the City of Rowlett, contact the City Secretary’s Office at 972-412-6115.
City Elections - Council Candidates
The City of Rowlett operates under a Council - Manager form of government. The Mayor and six councilmembers are elected at-large. In May 2003, Rowlett residents approved an amendment to the City Charter (PDF) that allowed for three-year staggered terms for the City Council.
City Council Term Expirations
- Mayor and Places Two, Four and Six: May 2025
- Places One, Three and Five: May 2023
According to the City of Rowlett City Charter, Article III, Section 3.03, a City Council candidate must:
- Be a qualified voter of the City of Rowlett.
- Be a resident of the City of Rowlett for not less than one year preceeding the day of the election.
- Should not be in arrears in the payment of any taxes to the City of Rowlett, unless such arrearage is subject to a lawful protest.
2023 Notice of Deadline to File Applications - May 6, 2023 General Election