The Library primarily serves the residents of Rowlett and surrounding communities; however, anyone who is a Texas resident is eligible for a library card.
For adults (17 years and older):
- Present a valid driver’s license (Texas or other state-issued), Texas Personal ID, or Military ID
- Proof of Texas residency (such as a utility bill, lease agreement, imprinted checks, etc.) if not on the ID
- Fill out a brief application form and sign the card
- In signing the card, you accept responsibility for all items checked out
For children under 17:
- The child must be present
- A parent or legal guardian must present valid identification (above) and proof of residency
- Complete an application form and sign for the child’s card
- This adult assumes responsibility for all items checked out on the child’s card.
If you discover that your card is lost or missing, contact the Library immediately so that staff can render the card inactive. Replacement cards are available at a cost of $1.00
The first time you use your card, you may check out any combination of five books, audiobooks, or movies.
After the first time, the checkout limits per card become:
- 40 books (including audiobooks)
- 10 DVDs or blu-rays
- 1 mobile hotspot
You are responsible for all items checked out on your card. If you lend your card to someone else, you accept responsibility for the materials they check out on the card.
Library Card Application:
You may download the Library Card Application (PDF), complete and sign the form, and deliver it in person to the Rowlett Public Library's Circulation Desk. Appropriate identification is required before your application will be processed by staff.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view PDF files. This is a free program available from the Adobe web site. Follow the download directions on the Adobe web site to get your copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.