Judgment and Verdict
- When the judge tries the case, the judge's decision is called a Judgment.
- When the jury tries the case, the jury decision is called a Verdict.
- The judge or jury may consider only the testimony of witnesses and any evidence admitted during the trial proceedings.
- If you are found guilty by either the judge or jury, the penalty will be announced at that time.
- You should be prepared to pay the fine and costs at this time.
- If you are found guilty, you may make a motion in writing to the court for a new trial.
- The motion must be within 10 days after a judgment or guilty has been rendered against you.
- The Rowlett Municipal Court is a court of record. See Chapter 30 of the Texas Government Code for more information.