Please place brush and bulky waste in front of your house, between the curb and sidewalk. Also, please do not block water meters, fire hydrants, alleys, sidewalks, driveways or roadways with poly carts, brush or bulky waste. Please be sure to have your brush/bulk items out by 7AM on your trash collection day.
The City of Rowlett, through FCC, provides weekly brush and bulky item collection without a call-in required. However a courtesy call is appreciated. **Please allow up to one week for collection
- All other major household appliances (except refrigerator/freezer)
- Microwaves and other small household appliances
- Hot water heaters
- Debris from minor remodeling performed by the resident
- Fencing must be in 4' X 6' sections
- Dirt, rock and concrete
- Automobile parts, tires and batteries
- Liquids such as paint, motor oil and solvents
- Other hazardous materials such as herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers, pool chemicals, etc. Hazardous materials may be dropped off at the Home Chemical and Hazardous Waste Collection Center.
Pecan Lane is a private street not sufficiently wide or stable to safely allow the Contractor to collect the Solid Waste or Recyclables using an automated or semi-automated collection vehicle.
FCC will utilize a pickup with a trailer that can safely maneuver and collect carts and return the carts to the eighteen (18) units on Pecan Lane. They can also collect bulky waste for the residents of Pecan Lane with a pickup and trailer. They can perform this service on an On-Call basis.
Brush is defined as: Plant material (leaves, glass clippings, branches, brush, flowers, roots, wood waste, etc.) and yard waste, which includes debris commonly thrown away in the course of maintaining yards and gardens. Brush does not include loose soils, sod, food waste, including from gardens or orchards, food compost, plastics and synthetic fibers, or lumber.
Bulky Waste is defined as: A large appliance, piece of furniture or waste material from a residential source including lamps, bicycles, large toys and swing sets, vacuum cleaners, and other small household appliances, aluminum and plastic resin lawn furniture, rolled carpeting as well as other items of similar size, weight and compactable nature other than Construction Debris generated by contractor or Household Hazardous Waste.