The Rowlett Arts and Humanities Commission
sponsors mini "Arts in Education" grants which are available to public and private schools in the City of Rowlett.
These grants can be used to develop new experiences or to support existing programs. Criteria for selection will be based on artistic merit, community value, feasibility of project and educational benefit.What qualifies for a grant?
- Performances including theater, dance, vocal and instrumental
- Art exhibits and demonstrations
- Student workshops in the visual arts, performing arts and humanities
- Author lectures
What does not qualify for a grant?
Grant Application Due Date
- Capital improvements or operating expenses
- Courses for academic credit
- Fundraisers and profit making projects
- Social functions, parties or receptions
- Projects for privately owned for profit corporations
- Retroactive funding requests
- Debt reduction
- Projects that include obscene material as defined by Penal Code section 43.
- January 20, 2023
- All applications should be mailed or delivered to:
- Rowlett Public Library
Attn: Laura Tschoerner
Arts & Humanities Staff Liaison/Library Director
3900 Main Street, Suite 200, Rowlett, Texas 75088
- Email submissions will not be accepted