Blake Margolis has been a resident of Rowlett his entire life and has been an active member of the community since he was only six years old. Before serving as Councilmember and now as Mayor, Blake was appointed to the Rowlett Parks & Recreation Advisory Board as a Jr. Alternate Member at fourteen years old, where he was involved in the “Rebuild Kids Kingdom” effort and the 2015 Parks & Recreation Bond.
In 2017, Blake was elected to the Rowlett City Council and served in that role until 2022 when he was elected as Mayor. While Blake was one of the youngest Councilmember’s in the State, he was able to accomplish various policy and service initiatives that benefitted Rowlett and its future.
As part of his assignments and roles as Councilmember, Blake has served in the following capacities:
- Chair of the Ethics Sub-Committee
- Member of the Finance & Audit Committee
- Member of the Code & Environmental Review Committee
- Member of the Court Governance Committee
- Member of the Garland ISD Cities Coalition
- Member of the North Texas Commission Cities Coalition
- Member of the Rowlett Business Stimulus (ROBUST) Committee
- Council Liaison to the Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
- Council Liaison to the Youth Advisory Council
- Council Liaison to the Texas Municipal League
- Past Council Liaison and Member of the 2018 Strategic Planning Committee
- Co-Founding Member of the Rowlett Community Organizations Active in Disaster (RCOAD) organization
While Blake continues to serve his community, he is earning his degree in “Government: National Security” where he sees his future serving in the federal government.
Blake’s primary goals in serving as Mayor are to properly fund public safety, expand funding to capital infrastructure needs, reduce the property tax rate, increase the City’s homestead exemption, and to make all residents feel at home in Rowlett.